Thursday, November 7, 2013

What’s in My Purse: Lipstick Edition




I am a lipstick freak. Lip gloss. Tinted balm. I love to see what works for me and what doesn’t and that includes color so I have a drawer full of reds and coral that didn’t work with my coloring. In my bag today I have some of my favorites, from left to right: Nars’ Napoli liptick ($26),  Fresh Sugar Petal tinted lip treatment Spf 15 ($22.5), Dior Addict Lip Glow Spf 10 ($31), Armani Rouge Ecstasy in 509 ($34, a really neat and new CC lipstick), a well-worn Nars  velvet gloss lip pencil in  New Lover ($25), and a shimmery nude Flash Lip Lacquer (Beige 102) from Giorgio Armani Beauty ($29)  It is one of the few tinted balms I can put on in the elevator at work on the way to an event. Fun story: When I moved to Verona, Italy a few years ago I stopped at an independent beauty boutique on my way to the airport desperate for one last lipstick before I left. I loved the Nars lipstick so much I bought it and jumped into the car before I noticed the name: Napoli, or Naples in Italian. Fate, right? I love that it has Vitamin E and is super hydrating. What is your favorite lipstick, balm, or gloss right now? It would be tough to choose a favorite although the Nars lip pencil and lipstick are both re-purchases (I love the texture), and I will definitely buy the Dior Addict balm again. The balm actually customizes to your lip color for a natural, flushed pink hue.

PS: the purple macramé bracelet was purchased in Verona in September from Cruciani C.  I found out when I got back that you can buy them online. Might be an addiction in the making… 

No comments:

Post a Comment