Monday, November 18, 2013

The Best Laid Plans




I’d be the first person to admit I like to keep a schedule; I have two electronic calendars and a handwritten Moleskine Classic Planner in purple. So when I saw that Bluemercury’s founder Marla Malcolm Beck had partnered with legendary makeup artist Trish McEvoy (one of the most organized people in the business) I was excited to see the result. Behold, the Trish McEvoy Holiday 2013 Power of Makeup planner collection available only at Bluemercury.  When I moved back from Verona six years ago and had made a bit of money the first thing I spent it on was a black quilted planner from Trish McEvoy filled with a velvety foundation and concealer, lip gloss, and a volumizing mascara.  Each product did exactly what it promised, and I was impressed at how well thought out the line was as a whole and at the option of refillable compacts. I carried the planner with me everywhere because it kept each piece of my makeup organized and in place until it finally gave out and had to be replaced. The Holiday 2013 planner, a rich raspberry suede quilted case, holds 12 pieces inspired by the timeless beauty of Brigitte Bardot, including brow shaper, Beauty Booster SPF 15 Lip Gloss in Sexy Nude, Intense Gel Eye Liner in Deep Aubergine. The planner just debuted at Bluemercury for $165. 

PS. Bostonians, Bluemercury just opened two new locations at 160 Newbury Street in Boston and 1245 Market Street in Lynnfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment