Wednesday, November 6, 2013

First Blush







A few weeks ago I was sitting side-by-side in a doctor’s office with my younger sister when she peered over at me and asked with all seriousness, “Do you put your makeup on then wipe it off?” Me: “Are you really asking me this?” She bit her lip, peered at me again, and nodded. Normally, I would have given her a friendly shove, but since she HAD woken up at the crack of dawn to come to my mammogram with me I simply shook my head. “No, it is early, though.” Later, when I have been cleared and told to come back in 6 months, I took another look in the mirror. Maybe Jenna was right. I did look a little pale. I had lost nearly all my summer color, which wasn’t much to begin with. I go through stages with what I put on my cheeks. For years, I did all-out bronzer with Guerlain’s Terracotta Bronzing Powder, which I loved ($51)  then it was a Chanel blush I can’t even remember the name of and finally for a while it was Fine One One by Benefit Beauty ($30)  and Giorgio Armani Beauty’s Fluid Sheer in Number 8 ($59) 

I am still using the last product, but have made way for Chanel’s 2013 Holiday cheek colors. When I used Chanel blush before, it was of the powder variety, but I am very impressed with two limited-edition shades, Le Blush Crème de Chanel cream blush in Inspiration and Revelation ($38)  The product is silky and smooth and you can really build the color on your cheeks; you can use a blush brush to apply it but I just work it in with my finger tips. I ended up opting to keep Revelation, and have been using the vibrant pink every morning. On the other side of the blush spectrum is Chanel’s  Joues Contraste powder blush in Accent, also limited edition for the holidays. The pink-bronze hue color made my skin appear a bit too ashy, but I love the small brush that is included and how it creates natural, beautiful angles to the face. And while we are chatting about brushes this is my favorite cheap way of washing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment