Wednesday, November 13, 2013

A Few Of My Favorite Things





These two Chanel lipsticks, Rouge Allure Radieuse ($24, left) and Rouge Allure Velvet in La Precieuse ($24, right), are part of the brand’s limited edition Holiday 2013 collection. The three blushes I wrote about the other day are part of that collection. There is a third lip color, Rouge Allure Velvet in La Desiree, a vampy Bordeaux, but these two are my favorites. I’m always a little nervous about matte lipsticks admittedly, but am planning on prepping my lipsticks with Sara Happ’s The Lip Scrub in Vanilla Bean ($24) or Fresh Brown Sugar Lip Polish ($22) before I apply the rich colors. With a season full of personal and work events for me that means a different lip look each evening and would be perfect to the opening of Boston's new Peter Marino-designed Chanel flagship store on Newbury Street. The brand's press office has confirmed the store will be opening the first week of December. I cannot wait to see the new space and the custom art that Marino had commissioned for the store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment