Monday, November 4, 2013

A Rose By Any Other Name




Full admission: I am one of those people who LOVES the smell of roses. I can't get enough of it. I love rose tea and store it away in a special part of our tea and coffee cabinet so, ahem, wandering eyes don't seize upon it. So I was thrilled when I got my hands on a sample of Fresh's Rose Foaming Cleanser ($38). I am admittedly a huge Fresh fan. While the brand is now part of LVMH, it was once a Boston based company whose founders still live here. The brand's Soy Face Cleanser is a huge part of my routine (love it with my Clarisonic Mia) and I can trust their products. One pump of their rose cleanser is all I need. I can feel my face being cleansed without it drying out. The scent isn't overpowering either and doesn't stay on your skin.  Another favorite rose product is Nuxe's Clarifying Cream Masque with Rose Petals ($31) that I picked up in a little pharmacy across from our hotel in Paris in September. It has the softest, velvety texture. I swipe two fingers over it quickly and leave it on my face for five minutes before gently washing off. The smell and feel on my face is heavenly.  and a new-to-the-States rose product I was excited to try was Miranda Korr's Kora organic line.  I am a glutton for a bath and love the rosehip oil ($42.71). It is very soothing and leaves the skin feeling great. Either add a few drops to your bath water or directly onto your skin after you towel dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment