Monday, November 11, 2013

A Fine Line



I noticed grey hairs about two years ago and after a while (a long while) panicking and plucking turned to letting it happen. I still haven’t gotten my hair dyed to cover the grey hairs and fully intend to, but I thought I’d let it go a bit longer before I pulled the expensive trigger. A few months ago I noticed fine lines around the left corner of my mouth….the part of my face that gets more exposure to the sun if I’m driving and that really stopped me in my tracks. The grey hair was something I couldn’t stop but I could fix…but the fine lines around my mouth brought back summers full of errant sunblock behavior.  I cringed remembering one particularly bad sunburn on my face after spending a day on a jet ski in Florida…without reapplying sun block, no hat. (I’m literally grimacing as I write this.) A few weeks ago I discovered the Verso line of skincare that contains Retinol 8, a complex of Vitamin A and polyphenol extracts. Retinol is one of the few things that is going to work to dim the appearance of fine lines, and more recent iterations of it aren’t as drying and stinging as their predecessors. Verso, a Swedish line, is paraben-, sulfate-, and phthalate-free. I am just using the eye serum and night cream right now, but they also have a day lotion and cleanser. The eye serum and night cream are very gentle, non-sticky, and absorb quickly. Some nights there is a tingling sensation, but it isn’t painful or drying. I have a slight change in the lines around my month and it is definitely enough to encourage me to continue using it. I will report back after I finish the first bottle!


Ps. I am still loving the post shower Rosehip Body Oil from Kora Organics by Miranda Kerr. Really light scent and non-clogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment